- Download the latest VPC Configuration Software from our official support portal:
Click here to go to the download section.
- Run the VPC_Software_Setup file. Select your install directory or leave as default.
- Create desktop shortcuts for your convenience. Leave "VPC Devices USB Filter" ticked.
- After the installation has completed, run VPC Software Suite. Connect one device at a time. Make sure to connect your device to USB not AUX/OUT port. It is recommended to connect devices directly to motherboard USB socket or to powered USB hub.
- When using the VPC Software Suite for the first time we recommend updating device firmware.
Go to "FIRMWARE"tab.
- Activate PRO and DEBUG modes in upper right corner of VPC Software Suite
- Click Open firmware update mode
- Click Start firmware update
- Click Close firmware update mode
- After firmware update has successfully completed, profile must be created. Go to "PROFILE" tab. From a drop down list select base and grip, throttle, control panel or rudder pedals that correspond to the device you're setting up. Note that Alpha Prime right, Alpha Prime left and both non-Prime Alpha grips have separate profiles. If wrong profile selected grip will not work.
Select additional options if needed. Choose device installation side (left, right or none). Enable "Split to 32 buttons" for games that do not support single controllers with more than 32 buttons. "No twist grip (locked twist)" to disable twist axis. Click "Create Profile" to create a profile. Your VPC device will automatically restart.
- After that all axes must be calibrated. Go to "AXIS" tab, click "Calibrate Axes"
- For proper calibration, move all axis to the minimum and maximum position 3-4 times and then return all control axis including dials, sliders, levers etc to their center/neutral position. Click "Save Calibration to Profile" (9) and the calibration will be applied to your device. Your VPC device will automatically restart.
- Repeat the procedure for the rest of your devices. Remember to connect one device at a time.
- You're now ready to fly with your VPC controllers!
A Few Tips...
- If you have multiple VPC devices, it is necessary to connect them one at a time until the initial setup is completed.
- It is recommended to connect your VPC devices directly to your motherboard USB ports.
- The VPC Software will only work correctly with its respective firmware version (the VPC Software version is listed in the program title bar and the currently loaded device firmware version is listed on the device list name).
- If you are having difficulties completing a firmware update, try running the VPC Software as an administrator and disabling anti-virus software.
- If you are having any difficulties setting up your VPC Software, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a ticket at https://support.virpil.com and our tech support team will assist you ASAP.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article